We came across a post for making your own bouncy balls. We just had to try it.
- Here’s what you need:
– Glue (either white or clear)
– food coloring
– Borax (you can find this by the laundry detergent at the grocery store)
– a small bowl and craft sticks to use for mixing
- Put 1 Tablespoon of the glue into a small bowl.
- Mix in few drops of food coloring.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Borax.
- Stir Borax and glue until you can’t stir it anymore (about 30 seconds.)
- Then squeeze and roll it in your hands, shaping it into a ball (about 1 minute.)
We found that the white glue made better balls than the clear glue. They were easier to form into balls, bounced better and held their shape longer. But the balls made with the clear glue were brighter and more colorful. Try for yourself and see which one you like.
We weren’t able to make perfect balls, which was actually better because they bounced in crazy directions.
One final note: if you make these with small children, make sure they don’t ingest the Borax.
4 thoughts on “Homemade bouncy balls”
What a great idea! Keep those young minds busy…
Thanks so much for this post! I’ve tried several different recipes to make bouncy balls with my preschoolers and each one was a flop! This worked great. The secret: No cornstarch!! Just the glue and borax worked fine!
Glad they worked! We had a lot of fun with these. 🙂
Comments are closed.