- 6-8 large eggs
- 1 pre-made or homemade pie crust
- 2 large hand fulls fresh spinach
- 1/2 sweet potato, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, colby jack, cheddar) whatever you’re in the mood for
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions. (see tips at the bottom)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Heat olive oil in saute pan. Add Sweet potatoes and saute until slightly browned and soft, about 10-15 min. Add garlic and saute for a few more minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. I like to turn off the heat and cover pan and let the heat work it’s magic.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, shredded cheese and goat cheese. Stir in sweet potato and spinach mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until top begins to slightly brown. If crust starts to burn, don’t worry, just cover the edges with foil.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- How to prepare frozen pie crust.
Remove frozen crust from package. Let thaw 15 minutes. Prick bottom and side of crust with fork to help reduce shrinkage and bubbling. Place on baking sheet and bake on middle oven rack for 12-15 minutes at 375°F. Remove and set aside.
- If you have extra mixture, store it in the fridge (not is a pie crust) and make scrambled eggs a few days later.
Like my snowman plate?